Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Owl" Have Some Of These, Please!

My Grandma Marcia (mom's mom) loved owls.  She had quite a few of them around the house.  I seem to remember a salt & pepper shaker set or two and some necklaces for some reason, but I know there were more.  I remember thinking - at my advanced age of say 9 or 10 - that grandma was a bit dotty; after all, there were much cooler animals out there to collect.  (Remind me to tell y'all about my unicorn collection some time.....)  Anyway, I guess you can probably guess where this is going.  Either Grandma Marcia was cooler than I knew or owls grow on you as you get older.  Or both.  If only one, probably grandma was masking some cool.  Grandmas are like that some times.

So you've already seen a couple of the owls that have flown into my house lately....
(And I learned a new trick so if you click on the pictures they will take you to the posts where each little hooter is specifically mentioned!)

Salt and Pepper Shakers

Birthday Owl from VBF

Well, there may be a few more hanging around the house.....
I'm so glad that we're next to this etiquette book so we can be proper gentleowls!
**Okay, I know that I'm 'sposed to stay vaguely on topic,**
**but the more I consider the clearer the answer becomes -**
**Grandma Marcia was cooler than I knew.** 
**Owls.  Salt & Pepper Shakers.  Crocheting.** 
**I'm seeing a pattern develop here.**
 
Here are some other super-cute owls from around the interwebs -
(Again, click on the pictures for links to the original websites/postings!)

Cupcakes found at Skunkboy Creatures Blog

Again at Skunkboy Creatures

Free pattern download at the website!

Pine Cone Owl

"Owl" keep an eye on your money, ma'am!

That's probably enough bad puns for now. 

Owl'll be seeing you around!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment