Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thrifty Goodness

It was an awesome weekend for finding things on the cheap!  Shad and I hit a few yard sales and did a little curbside shopping (a/k/a dumpster diving without the dumpster) on Sunday and came away with some pretty awesome things.

We happened upon the last day of a church-sponsored yard sale having an incredible special - fill one kitchen-sized garbage bag for $1.  I'm sure that I can't name everything that we came away with, but I know that we ended up with:
           * A new ceiling light fixture for my craft room
           * Three blazers (for material)
           * Flip-flops for Shad
           * Two shirts for me
           * a 1970s macrame belt
           * Kyle from South Park
           * Corduroy shirt and pants (for material)

I think we ended up at something like $.07 per item.  I've already put up the light fixture, which is a vast improvement from what was originally there, so it's already been $1 well spent.

Speaking of spending dollars, look what else I got for $1 each!

I would put money on the fact that the Pronto! is still in working condition - the OneStep perhaps not so much - but how cute are they for display for only one bone apiece?!?!?  They've already become part of a new camera-related display that I'm putting together.  I'll post pictures when I get it finished so you can further observe (and perhaps be jealous of?) my good fortune.

   
We also picked up this pair of salt and pepper shakers, originally marked $2 for the pair.  When we took them up to pay for them the owner said that she would sell them for a dollar because of some damage.  Have you seen such cuteness for $.50 each?  I had not and suspect that I shall not again for some time.

I'll post later about our curbside find - it's pretty cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment