Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thrifty Goodness

Here are my favorite finds from our thrifting adventure this past weekend.  The best part?  One dollar for everything!

Circa 1978


Snazzy wardrobe!

Groovy baby!

It took me a while to figure out that the little dots on the bottom of the people coordinated with the tabs on their clothing.  For a while there I was trying to mix and match some of the clothes between the girl and boy.  Heck, it was the 1970s.  Wasn't everyone pretty much androgynous anyway? 

I know what you're thinking - what 1978's family is complete without a mom?  Sadly, the only evidence of the lady of the house was a lone outfit with light green tabs that fit neither dad nor daughter.  What could have happened to her?  Perhaps the stress of family life were too much for her and she's now off in Singapore where she's become an ESL teacher and lives in a small apartment.  Maybe the answer is a bit more sinister......after all, I think dad looks a little shifty, don't you?


What is he hiding behind his back?  Why are his shorts so darn short?  What happened to the rest of his outfits?  Perhaps he sustained some paper cuts in the struggle with the missus and he had to throw them away.  I've now talked myself into believing that paper dad here is a legitimate suspect.  Sometimes I suspect I'm not right in the noggin.......

No comments:

Post a Comment