Monday, November 22, 2010

The {21} Challenge - Day {2}



One flight at a time

Phew.  What a horribly l--o--n--g day.  I woke up this morning at 3:30 a.m. and, thanks to a wretched combination of too much caffeine and just enough to do "until I got sleepy enough to go back to bed," didn't get back to bed at all.  The half-pot of coffee that I started at 5:30 a.m. helped, but only until about 1:30 p.m. or so.  I intended to go home early and catch a little catnap and just never got the clear opportunity.  Oh well, enough grousing.

So far so good.  I'm easing into this new way of life a bit at a time.  I did a very good job of eating appropriately today and kept my mental promise to myself to take the stairs no matter what.  I'm tempted to apologize for that not really being too much to ask of myself here at the beginning, but I'm not going to.  I followed through with today's plan and, although it wasn't a half-marathon, I showed myself that I can do it.  Single steps, right?  It would have been easy to treat myself to a tasty Twix (I don't know why I've been on that kick lately) to pep me up a bit this afternoon or because I chose a good lunch, but I didn't.  Yay me, I say with no sense of sarcasm!

Now I gotta put - one foot - in front of the other - put the other foot down - down - down (ala Revenge of the Nerds) and keep on keepin' on.  Day {3} awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment