Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How I Spent My Day

Seriously, almost my whole day. 

The Ingredients

I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing this project in only one day - well, not really one day if you count the fact that I started this project two other times last night and determined both times that the crochet hook that I was using wasn't the one I really wanted - but still...

My inpiration came from a guest post that Twinkie Chan did on Elsie's blog.  It almost had to be fate - after all, I have only recently posted my "40 Things" post, and #10 was to make and wear an item of clothing.  Twinkie's project was super-cute and well within my abilities, so I kept my eye out for some cute yarn to use.  The blue/grey mix that you see above came from Big Lots and cost all of $1.00.  I thought that it fit the bill perfectly.

I wish I was better at taking step-by-step pictures so you could truly appreciate all of the hard work that went into my day, but alas, I am not and there's no use crying over spilled milk.  Yeah. 

Wihout further ado, here is the inspiration for my project.


Twinkie Chan's Mummy Gloves

And here is my version:

As you can see, I made some changes but still used the same basic pattern for the glove.  I chose to stitch the top of the glove to make separate finger-holes instead of leaving the top open and (obviously) ditched the mummy wrappings for a cutie-pie owl.  Here's a closer shot of the owl:


Hello there!

Overall, I'm pleased with the end result(s); after all, I did make two of them.  You can't one-hand a sweet homemade owl glove ala Michael Jackson - you have to rock the deuce!


Okay, I owe you all a nice long rambly post (heck, maybe it will even be funny) but it's not going to get done tonight.  I'm so tired I'm getting punchy.  I'm also going to get started on the contact paper challenge here pretty soon.  Maybe tomorrow *yawn*.  Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment