Monday, November 29, 2010

Thrifty Goodness - Two For The Books

Rather than venture out amongst the retail zombies on Black Friday, Shad and I did a little thrifting.  We had excellent success due in large part to a $1 Bag sale that we found at one of the thrift stores.  I ended up with two $1 bags - one full of books and one full of craft supplies. 

Brown bags of excitement!

I was trying to be mindful of the fact that I already have a lot of books and so I tried to limit it to books that I actually had an interest in or could pass along.  Here are some of the books that I put into my bag:

Average price = less than 5 cents per book!

I picked up the kids' books for a little project that I'm hoping to do for the local hospital when I get a spare minute or two.  I'm kinda excited about the Janet Evanovich book - which is actually the first three Stephanie Plum books in one - because I have a few friends that really like the series.  I've tried to read some of the middle books and have had a hard time getting into them, so I'm hoping that starting at the beginning will ease me into it.

I did pick up two other books that I was super-psyched about.
Vintage BC cooking baby!


Care to make some animal pancakes?

Perhaps some fudge?

Would it be wrong of me to get all excited if I successfully make some of the recipes from this book?  I mean, I'm a girl, and my cooking skills are approximately at the level of a 10 or 11 year-old, so it would be alright, right?  One of these days I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

My last literary find was another one that I've been on the lookout for.  It's been fairly easy to find more recent copies of this one, but I've been hoping to find one closer to the book I remember from my childhood.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.....

Complete with the green Wal-Mart price sticker of my youth

I love the illustrations!

The mad tea party

Hiding from the Queen of Hearts

So that's it for the $1 bag of books - I'll catch ya later for the $1 bag of craft supplies.  It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment