Monday, November 29, 2010

Thrifty Goodness - The $1 craft bag

You give me a big brown paper bag and tell me I can fill it up with anything from the craft section of the thrift store and I can fill the bag.  Starting with bias tape, seam binding, hem facing and blanket binding (none of which I have actually used in real life - yet!) 



I'm not afraid to throw in some loop braids, soutache braids and rick rack, even if I'm not so sure what I might use them for....


Hoops?  I got your hoops right here!  (And I didn't even clean them out, can you believe it?!?!?)


This is a lot of pretty cool stuff - an 8x8 album that will be perfect for my next art journal project, a tablet of Column Write paper, three cross-stitch pattern books and a couple of needlepoint stitching guides.  I've been wanting to try the t-shirt transfer paper for a while, so this was a good opportunity to give it a try.


Tear-away paper?  Check.  Big ole wooden balls?  Check.  Glue sticks?  Check.  Metallic embroidery floss?  Red?  Check.  Green?  Check.  Gold?  Double check!  A couple of glue sticks, a tropical island stamp, a roll of twill ribbon and six rusty miniature snowmen/angel cutouts and round out this picture of craftiness.


The embroidery kit is pretty cool - it has two different but similar patterns.  One is more advanced and is intended to be done by the adult while the second is a simpler version of the first pattern to be completed by a younger person who is watching/learning from the more advanced embroiderer.  Is that a word?  Why wouldn't it be?  The dressmaker's tracing paper is pretty cool and yet another sewing tool that I have yet to use.  At least I can't use the excuse that I don't have any!  Handkerchiefs are always good, right?


You need some buttons?  Specifically little purple or yellow buttons?  I got your little purple and yellow buttons right here.  Some other ones too, but mostly purple and yellow ones.


I rounded out the bag with some flowers and a sweet bowmaker.  Now I think that I've seen this bowmaker on TV, but normally a fine quality product like this would add "As Seen on TV" to the packaging if that was the case.  My disappointment was assuaged by the discovery of 100 extra bow pins tucked inside the bowmaker box, so it's all good.


Let me know if you need anything in the way of craft supplies - I've probably got ya covered!


No comments:

Post a Comment