Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The {21} Challenge - Day {3}



Be effective by beginning with the end in mind.  It's an interesting concept, but not something that I am very good at.  I tend to put my head down and work through it rather than continue to look up to see where I am.  What if there is no definitive ending point?  What if the end that you have in mind is unattainable?  What if your idea of the end stops short of the point where you could have ended if you would have continued?

I can't tell if I'm being silly or serious.  Is that bad?

But seriously, today was another pretty good day as far as keeping on track with my goals.  I think I forgot and took the elevator once, but it was more because I was operating on cruise control than due to any conscious decision.  I also did a decent job of eating healthy when you take into account that we ate supper at 8:30 tonight at a bar.  I ate three pieces of pizza (squares, not slices) when I would have normally had five or six and had water instead of soda, so I'm counting it as progress.

Tomorrow I'll amp up the exercise by spending some time on the treadmill.  Once I get in the habit it's something that I actually enjoy - kinda dead-head time to just veg.  I need to view it as a treat rather than an obligation.

Day {4} awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment