Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Any guesses as to how old I'm turning this year?

I'm technically posting this just a tad early, but I have the time and the inclination to do this now so I'll go ahead and claim the extra year now, two hours early.

I decided that I wanted to make a "40 Things To Do Before I Turn 40" list and then take a picture and do a little blog each time I accomplish one of my goals.  I figure three years will give me enough time to save for some of the big ticket items (See #1) and time to plan some of the more time-consuming tasks.  Some of these things are small, some silly, some practical, but all are things that I haven't done yet (or want to do again!) and want to do before I get too old.  :)

Without further delay........

40 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I TURN 40

1.  Take Shad to Italy
2.  Host a dinner party
3.  Get/Make/Acquire a headboard for our bed
4.  Go to a Postsecret event or send in a secret (or two!)
5.  Get another tattoo - if I find one that I like
6.  Do a photo shoot with/from the motorcycle
7.  Participate in a play at our local theater
8.  Volunteer at a Habitat House
9.  Have my VBF take a family portrait of us
10. Make and wear an item of clothing
11. Renew my wedding vows with Shad
12. Get a perm
13. Gather emergency supplies for tornado/zombie attack
14. Wear my Little Black Dress
15. Perfect a go-to recipie
16. Make sushi
17. Drive a squad car (with lights and sirens!)
18. Have a taco salad at Parkside restaurant in Sycamore, Illinois
19. Start (and regularly use) a Flickr account
20. Take family portraits for my sister-in-law and her family
21. Go to a Rob Zombie concert
22. Crochet an afghan (or two!)
23. Learn motorcycle maintenance from my dad
24. Skydive or bungee jump
25. Transfer our old home movies to DVD
26. Get mom's carrot cake recipe
27. Have an over-the-top Halloween party
28. Do a girls-only roadtrip
29. Make banana bread from scratch
30. Participate in a charity 5K run/walk
31. Bake a cake (or cupcakes) from scratch - including icing
32. Go to a Renegade Art Fair event
33. Participate in the St. Jude motorcycle ride to Memphis
34. Decorate a Christmas tree using only handmade decorations
35. Go to a drive-in movie with Shad
36. Pay off all unsecured debt
37. Trace my family tree back at least five generations
38. Redo or install hardwood floors in our front rooms
39. Take a dip in the ocean
40. Go to Detroit for a hockey game

Sometime in the next 1096 days I intend to do each and every one of these things, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment