Sunday, October 31, 2010

4 Simple Goals - Update


Back in August I told y'all about my planned participation in Elsie's "4 Simple Goals" project.  Way back when I eagerly jotted down my little list with high hopes and good intentions of finishing each and every task.  Let's check in and see how I've been doing, shall we?

ONE - Blog more regularly.  Well, I think that I've been doing pretty well with this one, don't you?  I mean, even not counting the "One A Day" posts, I've still got a pretty respectable posting habit started.  I also think you should know that some of my posts get written over more than one day - for instance, "Small Town Friday Night" was actually started yesterday, but I finished it up this morning.  I think that sometimes when that happens it looks like I just sit down at the computer and spew random musings all over the keyboard (which is of course the case!) for hours on end (which is not generally the case).
TWO - Crochet a granny-square blanket.  This remains a work in progress.  I've actually got two going right now, as previously mentioned probably more than once.
THREE - Get my motorcycle license.  Done and done baby!
FOUR - Try new recipes.  I had fleshed this out a little to be "try at least one new recipe per week for two months" which may be my eventual downfall.  I've tried some new things - the Mexican lasagna was a HUGE hit and I roasted my first pork roast (I even used the drippings for gravy) - but I've not yet met my more specific goal.  Luckily these were goals to accomplish before 2011, so I can technically re-engage this goal for November and December and still be good.

I hope everyone is having a fantabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment