Saturday, October 23, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 30!

Whew!  There were times that I didn't think we would ever make it to this point, but here we are.  Day 30.  Gosh darn it if I don't feel a little sense of accomplishment and actually following through and finishing this little exercise.  Way to go me!  I rock!

Today's prompt is "your favorite song."

My favorite song is "Santa Monica" by Everclear (.  It came out in 1995 and got up to like #26 on the Top 100 in 1996.  (Don't think that I had that musical information right at my fingertips - I used Wikipedia!)  My clearest memory of the song is that I went to a Matchbox 20 concert with Ang within a week of getting married to Shad and Everclear was one of the opening acts.  We were at the top of the arena and I remember him doing this song as I sat with my head leaning back on the concrete wall behind my seat.  I have no idea why that particular memory is ingrained so deeply into my mind, but it is, and "Santa Monica" has been one of my favorite songs ever since.  Don't ask me what it's about because I don't necessarily know, but here it is if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment