Saturday, October 16, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 28

"a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then"

October 24, 2009

So that's me about this time last year.  In order to have a "now" picture I'd have to take one right this very moment and believe me, I'm in no state to be photographed.  I mean, I'd make a perfect "before" picture for just about anything, but since I don't have a super-fabulous "after" picture to post along side of it there shall be no "now" picture.

In the last year I lost forty pounds between January and April and then gained twelve of it back between May and October.  I'm back on the bandwagon now and hoping to drop a few more pounds before March, when Shad and I will be headed to Vegas for our 10th Anniversary.

In the last year I've moved into a larger office that is much more out of the general traffic flow at work.  I've hung paintings that I like (and one belonging to my boss, too, because I kinda had to) and enjoyed the quiet.  I've also become periodically more disenchanted with my job, mostly because it feels like I do the bulk of the work sometimes, but I'm hanging in there.

In the last year I've become the evil stepmother to two teenagers - not that I wasn't a stepmother before, but Andrew turned thirteen this year and Malorie turned sixteen.  I've found that I did inherit some of my father's calm demeanor when it comes to instructing a new driver, which was a relief to both Malorie and me.

In the last year I've purchased and re-acquainted myself with a motorcycle.  I also discovered the dangers of owning a motorcycle - mostly the danger of not wanting to do anything else and the occasional overwhelming desire to ride off into the sunset. 

I'm sure that I've changed a lot of other ways in the last year (don't we all?) and I hope that it's mostly for the better.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment