Friday, October 8, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 24

"A letter to your parents"
Grandpa Paul. Grandma Marcia, Mom*, Dad*, Grandma Rosalie, Grandpa Ernie

Mom and Pops:

I don't blame you, although I probably should.  You did not prepare me for the "real world" at all.  What did you think you were doing, modeling all of that domestic happiness, parental concern and involvement and family togetherness?  Family vacations?  Emphasis on personal responsibility?  What the heck were you people trying to do to me?  Do you know how hard it is to function today with the morals, values and ethics that you've instilled in me?

The worst part is that these things are ingrained in me so deeply that now I'm actually passing it down to the kids!  Another generation growing up confused, trying to function with this handicap.  *Shakes head* 

I feel much better getting this off my chest, but I suspect that you already knew. 

Thank you. 

Much love,
Susan

*You can't tell me that my parents weren't super cute on their wedding day!  Seriously, how adorable are they?!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment