Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Roundup

A week or two ago I declared on facebook that I was going to re-introduce myself to crocheting. My third grade teacher taught all of her students to crochet and I remember really enjoying it and quite frankly being pretty good at it as well. Almost thirty years later I decided to try my hand at it again and I've posted the results (so far) for your review. Not too bad if I say so myself. My one lament is that the green yarn that I'm using is a different brand than the other colors and seems to be a little less dense, causing a very slight size variation in those squares. Live and learn I guess.....

Shad and I went on a lovely motorcycle ride today. We went to a town that we don't often visit and wandered through three of their antique/junk shops on the town square. My favorite find was five round quilted placemats for $7. It's actually a pretty good idea for us to go wandering on the bikes rather than taking one of the vehicles - it's easier to walk away from "must have" items because they won't fit in the saddlebags.

The one down side of the trip occurred when I experienced my first killin'. There we were, traveling at highway speed down a two-lane road. I was in the lead, Shad was behind me, and it was then that I saw my future victim, hoppity, hoppity, hoppiting from the other lane into ours in great, leaping hoppities. As soon as I saw the little guy (although really he was not so little so far as frogs go) something told me that our paths would soon cross. Sure enough, just as I went by he made a fantastic, flying leap right into my front tire. *SQUISH* It was horrible. Shad said that he watched as the frog went under my front tire and then was kicked out from my back tire where he landed in classicly comedic roadkill pose. I, of course, was cool about the whole thing. (Okay, that's a big dirty lie. As soon as I hit the frog I immediately started doing that hand-flap "Ew Ew Ew" motion, while actually saying "Ew Ew Ew" just like a little kid). I sincerely hope that is the last thing I hit, ever.

Shad and Malorie just went to pick up the pizza, so I'm going to call it an early (blog) night. See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment