Wednesday, August 25, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 6



So I don't know if she counts as a "superhero" or not, but for "Day 6 - your favorite superhero and why" I choose Alice from the Resident Evil movies. She has all of the qualities of a regulation superhero - genetically altered and programed by a big corporation as an experiment, now rebelling against said big corporation, generally kicking a** and taking names. Throw in the end-of-civilization zombie story lines and the franchise has it all. Just like spiderman but with zombies, right?

Now for the "why". I think that I like Alice as a superhero because she is depicted as a very self-sufficient, competent savioress of the world. This, of course, contrasts markedly from the usual gun-toting-bad-boy-with-a-heart-of-gold-avenging-the-loss-of-his-only-love movies.

As you can probably guess, I'm super-psyched for the new Resident Evil movie coming out next month. We might even go see it in 3-D!

No comments:

Post a Comment