Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bummer

So it was my sincere intent to accomplish Goal #3 this afternoon and obtain my motorcycle license, but the fates seemed to have a different plan in store for me. Despite my frantic rushing around after work, I arrived at the DMV five (5) minutes too late to take the test. It may have been for the best, I guess, since I went out to the course just to get an idea of how my motorcycle will handle and it seems that the weaving-in-and-out-of-cones portion of the test may be a little difficult on my bike. Fortunately my parents have loaned me the use of the "Angry Hornet" - a 250 cc Honda that's almost as old as I am but is much smaller and easier to manuver than my Shadow. Why the "Angry Hornet" you ask? Mostly because if you attempt to take the motorcycle over 50 mph or so it sounds like a swarm of angry stingy things are right on your tail. *Reeeen*Reeeeen* says the Angry Hornet....

I notice that I'm having a hard time coming up with different ways to say "my motorcycle." If I keep typing "my motorcycle" it's just too boring and repetative. If I say "my bike" it could possibly be confused with my bicycle and, although I don't ride my bicycle as much as my motorcycle, I have the ever-present good intention to use my bicycle more as well. I'm thinking the motorcycle needs a good nickname.

Any ideas? I really feel like it's a "she" (even though it may be slightly homo-erotic for me to be riding around town on a "she" - I'm secure enough to get past that). For some reason "Nelda" popped into my head but I just can't settle on it since it makes me think of an old, sick lady that I had frequent contact with a while back. If that Nelda is dead, would it be okay to call the bike "Nelda"? There's obviously no danger of confusion at this point.... :)

About three or four months back I found some work by an artist that really caught my attention. It's simple, straight-forward and rather child-like in its approach, but I'm not necessarily an art snob so I won't pretend to not like it. Fortunately, I saved pictures of some of this guy's work; unfortunately I didn't save a link or his name. I've done some google searches with "May" and variations of "outsider art" and "outsider painting" but it's not coming up. Anyone have any ideas?

That's it for now. Keep on keepin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment