Monday, August 23, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 4

Fantastic. Now I get to share "a habit that you (I) wish you (I) didn’t have."

I have a couple to pick from, like the way that I'll put off doing housework until the last possible moment because it's just going to get dirty again in like four seconds anyway or the way that I make horrible food choices with the justification that "I'll do better tomorrow." I think that the one that I'll go with for these purposes is my compulsive acquisition of craft supplies.


I have way too many craft supplies by almost anyone's standards. It seems like if I get involved in a new craft, say making jewelry, I go out and buy all of the stuff I might possibly need to make 1000 bracelets. If there is an upside to my habit, I will say that I am relatively good at shopping for items either on sale or at flea markets/thrift stores. Of course, that doesn't reduce the amount of physical space that this stuff takes up. My craft room/office is now full to the brim. I'm even at the point that I feel like I can't tell the kids to clean up their rooms because my room (which is on the same floor as their bedrooms) is so messy!

I'm working on slowly but surely getting things organized, but you know how it goes - you have to make a mess to clean a mess. I'm at least getting better about putting things back where they belong when I'm done, so my table is at least 50% usable at most times.

So now that it's out in the open maybe I'll do a better job of staying on top of it, right? One can hope.....

Hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment