Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lazy Day

For what seems like the first time in forever, I have the house to myself tonight. The kids are with their mom until Sunday and Shad worked tonight, so it's just been me and the animals here at home. I'd like to say that I took the opportunity to get all kinds of stuff done around the house, but my pants would be on fire if I tried that (from being a liar, liar you see....)

I really need to finish steam-cleaning the couch tomorrow. Three big dogs equal lots and lots of dog smell and slobber. I did half of the couch and the living room carpet on Monday night so it really won't take too long to finish the sectional and clean the computer room carpet, but I just didn't feel like doing it tonight. Instead I took a nap when I got home (oh, the luxury of a quiet afternoon nap!) and then spent some time in the craft room. I also started reading Under the Dome by Stephen King which is a massive 1072 pages. I'm 177 pages in so far and it's holding my interest, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it when I get the chance. I know that Steph uses the "work a little, get a reward" system of housework and it seems to work for her, so maybe I'll try that. How about this - tomorrow I'll finish the sectional then read a section of the book (probably 60 or so pages), then I'll clean the computer room carpeting, read another section, etc. Can't hurt!

I have a crazy idea about a home-based, seasonal business idea that I'm trying to work through to see if it may be worth pursuing. It would allow me an outlet for my creativity and would also let me utilize a lot of the craft supplies that I already have on hand. If I can figure out a way to work in a nice new camera for myself and write it off as a business expense, all the better for me, right?!?!?!?

Okay, I'll come up with something more creative for tomorrow's post and I'm going to try to get over and see my grandpa, too. Am I aiming to high for a Friday?

Hasta La Vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment