Sunday, June 27, 2010

Last, My First Quilting Experiment


While I LOVE quilts, and I've got lots (and lots and lots!) of material, I had put off my foray into quilting for one reason - it's a pretty exact craft and I'm just not an exact kinda person. I'm usually pretty content to get the biggest part of the job done and then hand it off to someone else to finish up. To put it plainly, I'm not a detail kind of girl.

I was a little surprised at the amount of time that it took to prepare this project. Measure, cut, measure, cut, iron, starch, iron, arrange, pin, sew, trim, pin, sew, iron. Whew!

As you can see, that aspect of my personality has manifested in my little square of quiltedness. The lines are not at all straight and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it (I'm leaning towards making a bag) but I'm pretty pleased with the color combination anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment