Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Randoms

First I would like to report that "No Money Friday" was a complete success! I almost blew it this afternoon when I reached into my purse for a dollar to hit the vending machine, but I remembered just in time. Now if I could have "No Money" days a little more regularly we'd be getting somewhere.

After examining our silverware drawer (okay, stainless steel drawer - we're not that fancy and I'm not polishing silver!) I discovered that a number of our tea spoons had disappeared. I imagine if I looked underneath the seats in our cars and in the kids' room, I could find one or two, but it does seem as if we run out of them before anything else. My brilliant solution? I've started buying random tea spoons from the GW Boutique (a/k/a Goodwill) to replace the missing ones. I figure that it won't be long until the random outnumbers the "regular" spoons and then I just look like I'm artsy. Right? I mean, artsy and eclectic rather than crazy, right? :)

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite time-wasting blogs and websites with you tonight. I haunt Elsie Flanigan's blog for my crafty fix and IndieJane for my photography fix. Elsie has blog sponsors that are worth checking out every month too. Other than that I'm on facebook too much (aren't we all) and the spoof sites, failbook and lamebook. I'm always amazed what people post.....

If you've seen Zombieland you probably remember the "Zombie Kill of the Week" bit. Now, I've watched a lot of zombie movies, and I must say that I'm giving "Best Zombie Kill. Period." to the helicopter pilot in the movie "28 Weeks Later." Just look at this zombie carnage...

A helicopter would be a handy thing to have in case of a zombie invasion. I'm just sayin....hit me up if you know how to fly one of these babies. I have a plan.

I'm at page 419 of my new Stephen King book. No, I didn't finish cleaning the couch. No, I didn't clean the computer room carpeting. No, I didn't go see my grandpa yet. Jeez people, get off my back! I caught up on laundry and made a lemon cake and washed dishes and took a nap (yes! Another nap for me! I have a feeling these will come to an end when the kids get back so I'm enjoying them while I can.)

I hope you're staying dry....

No comments:

Post a Comment