Sunday, December 12, 2010

The {21} Challenge - Day {20}


Okay, you caught me.  I'm writing about Day {20} on Day {21} and I have to admit that it's pretty hard not to jump ahead and celebrate, but I want to document yesterday first.

I intended to leave work early yesterday (like before lunch) to make up for working late the day before, but the way that things went I was stuck in the office until almost two.  Anyone want to guess where I ate lunch?  The people at Subway (who already love me because I'm one of those super-cool funny, easygoing customers) are ready to give me a smock and put me to work.  I guess I can say that I'm happy I don't get stuck on one thing, which would be very boring.  I'll switch up my order, but some things remain constant:

*My sandwich might be heated, but never toasted.  I'm not sure what my prejudice is against toasting, but it runs strong and deep.

*If I'm having cheese, it's pepper-jack.  Any of the other cheeses are like adding fat and calories without taste.

*"A line of light mayonnaise."  I need a little something for taste, but if you don't watch it, the "Sandwich Artists" will paint your whole sandwich with mayo.

Yesterday evening I went to Malorie's away game with VBF and her family.  I ate at home before we went so I wouldn't be tempted by salty popcorn and candy, which worked very well.  I was sorely put to the test when the family and I stopped by Popeye's on the way home.  I'm a pretty big fan of chicken in its many forms and I know that some of those sides (especially the biscuits.  Goodness help me, the biscuits!) are tase-ty, but I managed to walk out of there with nothing more than a large iced tea.  Not even a sweet tea, for Pete's sake!  Tell me this {21} Challenge thing hasn't worked its magic on me and I'm gonna call you a liar right to your face!


No comments:

Post a Comment