Saturday, December 4, 2010

The {21} Challenge - Day {13}




I have discovered that I like hitting the treadmill in the morning.  I seem to have more energy and I recently read (somewhere - don't ask me for a source!) that you actually increase your metabolism more when you work out on an empty stomach, thus increasing your benefits.  Better benefits for the same work?  Sign me up!

I had a regular check-up at the doctor today and found that I've lost four pounds since the last time I was in.  That's been a couple of months ago and, since I know that I was still packing the pounds on before I started this challenge, I have to assume that I've really lost more like 8-10 pounds.  I feel better.  Clothes are fitting better.  I'm proud of myself!

Step next is to peel the wrapper off my Jillian Michael's Shred video and get going.  I hear it's tough (like, end up in a ball on the floor crying tough) but I think I'm mentally ready to give it a go.  As per Day {13}'s quote, you gotta amp up the effort if you want to see amped up results!

No comments:

Post a Comment