Thursday, September 9, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 17

"Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why."

I thought I would have to put some real thought into this but suddenly the perfect answer occurred to me - I wanna be Rob Dyrdek.



Now I'm sure you're asking yourself why I chose Rob, that is unless you've caught either one of his shows on MTV. I first became aware of Rob through his show "Rob and Big" which was filmed with his bodyguard, Big Black. Essentially Rob is a professional skateboarder who apparently has both too much money and too much time on his hands. Like, one day he decided he was interested in time travel so he bought a "time machine" online and then a whole episode was devoted to his attempts to make this obviously-bogus machine work. He's just a big goofy kid in a somewhat grown-up body (I'm pretty sure I could bench-press him 'cuz he's just a wee little thing) and when paired with the incredibly ginormous Big Black (which was a very apt nickname, by the way!) it was more hilarious than I can describe.

Rob's current show is called "Fantasy Factory" and it's not nearly as dirty as it sounds. He took a warehouse and converted some of it into a massive indoor skate park, complete with rappelling lines and a huge ramp into a foam pit where they frequently run motorcycles, cars and other assorted modes of transportation around. His cousin Drama works for him as a quasi-assistant and his manager Jeremy as well as an assorted cast of hangers-on are often featured on the show. One of my favorites? The rapping receptionist, Channel. Channel is white. Looks like a farm girl. Not necessarily a bad rapper, but certainly against stereotypes! Here's what some of the factory looks like:

Seriously, how much fun would it be if "having fun" was your total job description and, what's more, you had the funds to immediately purchase absolutely insane impulse items? That's why I wanna be Rob Dyrdek!

No comments:

Post a Comment