Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 10

"Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad"

I'll admit that I'm not really that into music. I have rather eclectic tastes and don't necessarily pick one type of music for each mood that I have. Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz are my "go-to" guys as far as general listening music goes, but I also enjoy groups/artists like the Doors, Perry Como, White Zombie and Hootie & the Blowfish. It just depends, I guess.

I had music on in my office the other day and found myself singing along (and maybe doing a little butt shaking) to Katrina and the Waves "Walkin' on Sunshine." That was pretty happy, I guess. I probably should be even happier that no one walked in on me.

I'm going to equate "sad" with "nostalgic" and tell you that in that case I'll listen to some REO Speedwagon, Chicago, Skid Row or another generic 80's type band. Growing up Depeche Mode was my sad, dreary, angst-ridden teenage choice. Doesn't get much more stereotypical than that.

Honestly if I'm bored I'm not about to put a CD in. In fact, a lot of the time I'll get bored if all I'm doing is listening to music, so I can't really post for that category I guess.

Okay, hyped. I thought on this one for a bit and I'm gonna have to go with a couple of specific examples - "Dragula" by Rob Zombie and "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf. Love it!

I'm not mad so much as I get a little overwhelmed or frustrated. I usually blast a little Slipknot in the office if I am serious about putting out the "don't bother me" vibe. Nine - I guess now eight :( - guys banging the heck out of whatever they can get their hands on and screaming unintelligible lyrics tends to work much in the same way as those lizards that flare out the sides of their neck and run all funny on their back legs - straight intimidation baby! I totally need this sign:


I really feel like this post kinda sucked. Sorry. I'll do better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment