Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Hello all! As you may (or may not) have noticed I have been absent from blogging for the last week or so. Dear friends, I have been on vacation and apparently when I'm on vacation I disconnect from EVERYTHING; alas, I'm to return to work tomorrow so it's time to slowly re-immerse myself in reality. Blegh indeed.

Pretty awesome week off, actually. Shad had some time off too so we got to spend some very rare couples-only time together. I find that I still like him lots, which I guess is a good thing. We spent a lot of time on the motorcycles (yes, plural! More on that later!) including a trip with some friends to the premiere biker bar in Illinois - Poopy's. It rained *CAKE BREAK* most of the way up there and some of the way back and I think the fact that we persevered makes us hardcore bikers. Okay, so I'm not sure that you can deem yourself a "hardcore biker" but if you can I just did. Seriously I had rainwater dripping in areas that generally don't get rained upon. It was rather unpleasant, but I will admit that the rain certainly turned our road trip into a real adventure!

Within a month we've gone from a no-motorcycle family to a two-motorcycle family. We found both bikes on Craigslist and have been really happy with our purchases thus far. I'm still a little nervous on mine - after all it has been something like 25 years since I've ridden regularly - but it's coming back to me slowly but surely. Malorie insists that we're going through a mid-life crisis but I prefer to think of it as reaching that point in our lives where there's no use waiting to do things that we want to do. Crap. That's pretty much mid-life crisis, right? Crap crap crap.

The desktop computer is at the computer doctor's office now and the convertible is at the dealership waiting to get diagnosed. It's really getting to the point that you can't just have a car worked on at your local garage unless they have the diagnostic computer, which really stinks. Our shadetree mechanics are becoming a dying breed.

I made a pineapple upsidedown cake for Shad tonight. He mentioned that he was craving one on Friday but I was pretty sure if I made it then we would have the whole thing eaten over the weekend. The kids are coming back tomorrow night and I'm counting on them to put away a large portion so that I don't feel obligated to - after all, there are starving bleghers on Mars that would be happy to have cake. Anyway, when I went to flip the cake over I found out that the only thing that I had that was big enough to accommodate the cake was a cutting board which was too big to put into the microwave. (For some reason, the microwave has become the go-to cake storage location....) I then decided to cut the cake so that I could put it on a different plate and lo and behold I found that the only logical thing to do was to eat a piece of it. I had to test it out, of course, to see if it was worthy of my darling husband. It was.

I'm working on fabric flowers right now. I'm not pleased with my results quite yet, but I'll post them when I master the craft.

Back to regularly-scheduled blogging. Thank you and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment