Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Random Photo(s)

So tonight I drank a $20 bottle of beer.  Not $20 per case, not $20 per twelve-pack, not $20 per six-pack, a serious $20 per bottle beer.  Want proof?

Pretty impressive, no?

So obviously I didn't buy this for myself - I'm lucky enough to have a friend that is a beer connoisseur who procured a few dozen four-packs of this, the apparent creme de la creme of stout, and was nice (?) enough to share it with me.

First, this was not necessarily the appropriate beverage to re-introduce me to alcohol consumption after a four-plus month long absence (a story for another day).  As I got to the middle of the glass, I couldn't tell if the beer was getting better because it was getting closer to room temperature or because I was catching a pretty strong buzz.  Stout was just not a strong enough descriptive adjective to describe this brew -  I liken it to pouring and consuming motor oil.  I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wake up with hair on my chest.  Heck, I almost considered posting a picture of my currently hairless chest just to show that, in the event that I actually sprout a torso full of thick, dark hair, I at least didn't start out that way.  That should give you an idea of just how potent this particular drink was!


Yep, I drank my $20 beer out of a Guinness glass.  See how the dregs looks like motor oil?  I wasn't lying folks!

The truth is that I am not likely to develop a taste for this stuff anytime soon, which I guess is a good thing seeing as how I'd never be able to afford it.  I fear that I shall never become refined.....



No comments:

Post a Comment