Sunday, January 9, 2011

So Far In 2011......

I'll admit that I didn't perform any ritualistic incantations related to my New Years Eve resolutions, so any failure to follow through thereon rests completely upon my shoulders.  (If, however, my resolutions come crashing down shortly after I post them here I shall consider this blog cursed and thereafter speak only of what has happened rather than what will happen.  'Member when I bragged on myself about keeping up with the "One A Day" pictures?  And what happened almost immediately after that?!?!?!?)

Wow.  I'm like really wordy in the early A.M.  Yikes.

Last year I stepped away from soda.  I can't say that I completely cut out the carbonated sweet stuff, but I would be surprised if I had more than 15-20 over the course of the whole year - and mostly when I was not feeling well.  (My go-to drink of choice when I have a case of the ackies is about 1/4 orange juice, 3/4 of whatever clear, diet soda I can find.)   Shad joined me on this noble endeavour a week or so before New Years, so together we've gone soda-free for 2011.  Unless I get sick.  Which shouldn't really count.  Right? 

Over the last few months Shad, with Andrew's help, has been fixing up our previously-unused basement.  He cleaned, painted, sealed and spiffied about 1/2 of the space and then started turning it in to our very own home gym area.  We already had a treadmill and Christmas added a weight bench (Andrew's), a heavy bag (Shad's) and a small tv/dvd combo (mine) to the space.  A few weights, some resistance bands and a yoga mat round out the area quite nicely and, as long as you don't hit your head on the canoe, you can get a pretty good workout on.

*I'd like to just brush past the canoe comment without further explanation, but I'm sitting here thinking that if I read that someone had a home gym in which there was some real danger of hitting your head on a canoe, I'd want further information.  Well, the short story is that we have a canoe hanging up in our basement, and that's probably something that you could have came up with yourself if you'd thought about it for a minute instead of just immediately jumping to puzzlement.  : p

I have declared 2011 "The Year That I'm Officially A Girl".  I mean, I've been a girl for 37+ years now, but this year I'm trying out some of the typically-girly type things.  For instance, I have worn makeup every day of 2011 so far.

I'll give you a minute with that one, because if you know me in real life that's probably a lot to take in.......

I've also taken some more effort with the 'do, including but not limited to crossing off another one of my "40 Things" goals.  Last week I even purchased a curling iron.

I feel like I should give y'all another moment to digest that one.........

I've been wearing jewelry (which has in turn led me to create even more jewelry!) and even bought four new pairs of shoes.  Perhaps most amazingly, for the first time in I don't know how long I own four pairs of jeans.  Four.  It's like my denim options are nigh-on endless at this point.......

Some new work-related issues have me frankly dreading my employment sector in the coming year, but I'm just going to have to make up for it in home, family and fun!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment